In recent times cauliflower has become a popular substitute for starchy carbs (pizza crust, cauliflower rice). In this breakfast recipe cauliflower rightly takes
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, a member of the Brassica family along with cabbage, kale, broccoli, Brussel sprouts.
Health benefits of cauliflower
Cauliflower contains plenty of
It’s also a good source of choline. Choline is essential for memory and learning. Adequate choline also helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle and deepen sleep, so you’re less likely to wake with every little noise.
Plant-based diets can tend to be low in choline making cauliflower a good choice for vegetarians.
Along with its cruciferous cousins, cauliflower contains
I like to make this recipe up on a Sunday night so that Monday morning breakfast is all ready to go.
Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
- ½ head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 7 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C, lightly grease, an 18-22cm baking dish.
- Steam cauliflower florets for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic. Add spinach and steamed cauliflower until well coated.
- Pour mixture into the dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Download the pdf to get the recipe notes/variations and full nutrition panel.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you thought.
Need help with your health?
Norelle Hentschel is an experienced Naturopath with a clinic in Stones Corner, South East Brisbane and also offers Telehealth consults Australia wide. She enjoys supporting her clients to reach their health goals.
Want more articles like this?
Receive a monthly digest of natural health information to help you become “health” sufficient!
PS. Your inbox real estate is precious, and we will never annoy you with sales pitches or share your details with anyone else. One email a month — that’s it.