Natural treatment for
Work with Brisbane Naturopath
to reclaim your vitality.
Book your free 15-minute call to learn more.
Not feeling like yourself after having a viral infection?
Have you recently had a viral infection (Covid, Glandular fever, Epstein-Barr virus, Ross River fever or influenza)?
Even though you recovered from the acute symptoms, weeks and months later you struggling to get back to your pre-infection health. Perhaps you are experiencing:
- Bone dragging fatigue, even the smallest things drain you
- Unrefreshing sleep, weirdly you feel worse the longer you sleep
- Energy crashes after exercise, even low impact
- Brain fog, it’s like you can’t think anymore
- Dull body aches like you’ve run a marathon
- Nausea and your gut is all over the place
- Dizziness and vertigo
Post viral syndromes are an invisible illness
While these symptoms aren’t life-threatening, they are “life quality” threatening.
They are hard to deal with.
Everything is a struggle.
You want to recapture your vigour and vim back so you can enjoy your work, exercise, and recreation time. But your body has put the brakes on.
You may feel frustrated at the lack of understanding from the medical profession, employers and even family and friends.
What is post viral syndrome?
Post viral syndrome is a slippery sucker. It has many different faces and theories as to the underlying causes.
The cluster of lingering symptoms includes persistent fatigue, sleep disruption, cognitive dysfunction, nausea, digestive upsets, and dizziness. Symptoms can continue for weeks, months or longer.
There is no specific test for post-viral syndrome, so it is a diagnosis of exclusion.
Symptom severity is on a spectrum. Mild cases may resolve in weeks. However, some people experience chronic manifestations, which include myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and, more recently, Long Covid.
The pathophysiology is complex and poorly understood but may involve immune dysregulation, unresolved inflammation and dysautonomia.
How can Naturopathy help post-viral syndrome?
Post viral syndromes are complex, chronic conditions. There’s no easy, quick fix. I wish there were. But it is possible to reclaim your life again.
Naturopathy supports post-viral syndrome recovery by optimising underlying health and helping correct:
- Systemic inflammation
- Immune dysregulation
- Cellular energy pathways (mitochondrial health)
This is done by supporting:
- Refreshing Sleep
- Optimal nutrition
- Gut health
- Immune function
Herbal medicines are a vital part of the treatment strategy as they can help build resilience, reduce inflammation, support mitochondrial health to hasten recovery, and address the underlying drivers of post-viral fatigue.
Meet your Naturopath
Hi there, I’m Norelle, an experienced, degree-qualified Naturopath and Herbalist. I’m ready to use my wealth of clinical knowledge to support your recovery journey. I’ve helped hundreds of clients with post-viral fatigue reclaim their energy and feel like themselves again.
I consult both via Telehealth (Australian only) and in my Brisbane Clinic at Stones Corner.
Ready to begin your recovery from
Let’s get started.
8 compelling reasons to work with me
- A 60-minute in-depth initial consult explores your complete health history and current symptoms. You’ll have time to ask all your questions.
- A comprehensive, fad-free practical treatment plan tailored to your needs and adjusted as required
- Support and encouragement on your recovery journey.
- Access to practitioner-only supplements and high-grade herbal medicine prescribed at therapeutic doses.
- Expert clinical advice from an experienced Naturopath so you can stop wasting time and money on treatments that aren’t right for you.
- A practitioner who is continually upgrading their knowledge as new research becomes available
- Health education and support give you the tools and knowledge to maintain your health. Become an empowered participant in your well-being.
- No lock-in plans or programmes. You pay as you go and only for the appointments you need.
Follow up consultation
Are you ready to reclaim your vitality?
Let’s get started.
Frequently asked questions
You can also find general FAQs here.
How long will it take?
There’s no simple answer to this question, as it depends on the severity of the post-viral syndrome. Recent onset cases tend to respond faster (weeks) than more chronic conditions (months to years).
I'm not in Australia. Can I still work with you?
Unfortunately, I can only consult with people living in Australia due to insurance restrictions.
Will I need to keep taking herbs and supplements forever?
While post-viral fatigue syndromes generally require longer treatment timeframes, my goal is to guide you to where you don’t need ongoing herbs and supplements.
Let’s get started on your wellness journey
I'm Norelle Hentschel.
I'm an experienced Naturopath with a clinic in Stones Corner, Greenslopes Brisbane. I've helped many people improve their health. I'm ready to help you feel better and regain your energy and vitality.