Naturopathic treatment of skin conditions
Have you got a difficult, stubborn skin condition?
Tried medications and every topical product available but nothing has given lasting results?
Our skin is the most visible part of what we show to the world. Chronic skin conditions can erode your confidence, create anxiety and lead to social isolation. They are also irritating and painful.
Chronic skin conditions are complex.
There’s not a magic bullet, simple answer. I wish there was.
Things I hear from my clients
- I’ve tried so many topical products, facials
andtreatments. Things seem to work for bitbut then it goes back to how it was before. I want lasting changes.
- I’ve been on the Pill (oral contraceptive pill) for acne but I’m scared when I come off the acne will come back.
- I’m at breaking point seeing my child in pain from her eczema. I don’t want to continue to use steroid creams on her skin but I don’t know what else to do.
- My skin used to be fine but since I had kids I’ve noticed these red patches on my face. Now I feel like I need to wear makeup all the time.
Skin conditions treated
Acne is an inflammatory skin disease involving the sebaceous glands. If these glands become blocked they can develop into pimples, cysts or blackheads. It is commonly found on the face, chest, back
Eczema affects the dermal layer of the skin. The skin appears dry, red, inflamed and swollen and may be very itchy. The itchiness and irritation,
Rosacea is a chronic skin disease causing redness, sometimes with pimples around the
Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin condition
How does naturopathy treat skin conditions?
Problems with skin are often a sign of a deeper imbalance in the body. At Your Remedy
- How you break down and absorb food?
- Do you have
a healthy gut bugs?
- How well are you detoxifying?
- Evaluate your current diet and make sure you are optimizing nutrients needed for healthy skin
- Remove/reduce inflammatory foods
- Practical strategies you can use to build resilience
- Support a healthy hormone balance
- Investigate environmental allergies,
- Identify and address food sensitivities
- Address autoimmune drivers
- Exposure to environmental toxins and chemicals
Once we get to know you and understand the details of your health an
Frequency asked skin questions
You can also find general FAQs here.
How long will it take?
This is difficult to answer, as every case is unique. Treating the underlying cause of a skin condition often involves changes to diet and lifestyle and each individual will have a slightly different capacity to implement these recommendations depending on their circumstances.
With chronic skin
The important point is when treating the root cause of an illness is that it should stay resolved after treatment is finished. The aim of Naturopathy is not to create dependency on long-term use of herbal medicines and nutritional supplements.
Your progress is important to me and we will review this at each consultation to ensure we are moving forward.
How much does an appointment cost?
Consultations are priced per appointment so you only pay for what you need. No
Are you ready for healthy skin?
Let’s get started.
Want to chat?
I'm Norelle Hentschel.
I'm an experienced Naturopath with a clinic in Crows Nest, Sydney. I've helped many people improve their health. I'm ready to help you feel better and regain your energy and vitality.