Hi there! This website https://yourremedy.com.au/ is owned and operated by Your Remedy Naturopathy ACN: 607 149 280. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
Suite 3.25 “The Bower”
433 Logan Road
Greenslopes, QLD 4120
Phone: 0439 660 064
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
We understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so we also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). If you are not Australian and have any concerns about your data please contact us.
If you engage with us via this website, or choose to become our client we may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- Your name and email address when you opt into our email
- Your name, email address, phone number and date of birth when you book an appointment
- Health information that allows us to provide Naturopathic consultations.
- With your consent, we may collect your IP address, and information about your browsing history to help us improve the usability and appeal of our website
Collection and Use
We may collect your personal information by various means including
- An opt-in form for our mailing list
- Booking form for naturopathic consultations
- Client health history intake form
- When you submit an enquiry through our website contact form
- When you email us
- When you attend a consultation
- When you attend a seminar or workshop
- Website analytics and cookies
We use this information to
- Provide you with relevant news and updates about our services
- Improve this website and the services we provide
- Provide you with Naturopathic consultations
- Respond to inquiries
- Monitor client satisfaction
We will only collect your personal information
- With your full awareness and consent, such as when you email us, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide us with information
- If we need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- If we are legally required to collect it
- For necessary administrative processes if you become my our client
We understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
We will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as
- Through our booking form in Cliniko when you book an appointment
- Through our client information form in Cliniko or hard copy form when you complete your intake form
- In a Skype or Zoom online consultation
- In a telephone call
- In a face to face consultation
- When you send us information in an email
The reason why we collect this information is
- So we can provide you with specific Naturopathic health services and treatment plans
The sensitive information we ask you to provide for this purpose may include
- Your medical/health history
- Your birth date
- Medical test results
We are committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
- Sensitive information is stored in a locked filing cabinet / on a password protected computer.
- Only the therapist responsible for your treatment / authorised team members may access sensitive material.
- Some sensitive information may be stored securely online, or in the cloud through Cliniko, Dropbox & WuFoo Forms. You can find out more about their security provisions here:
Sensitive information may be collected from children under the age of 18 under the following circumstances:
- In the presence of their parents
- With their parent or guardian’s full consent
All archived sensitive information is de-identified and securely destroyed after a period of 7 years since last appointment for adults and after 25 years of age for those under 18 years old.
We are subject to the following regulations regarding the collection of personal information:
- As Naturopaths, we owe you a professional duty of confidentiality. We take this responsibility very seriously and will always strive to promote your best interests.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However,
- If you choose not to be completely honest with us, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you request.
- We are legally required to identify our clients by collecting their name and address and date of birth, and failure to provide this information means we cannot offer our services to you.
Use of Personal Information
Reasons why we may disclose your personal information include
- To provide you with the services you have requested
- To send you products that you have purchased
In order to do this, we may share some relevant personal information – on a strictly need to know basis – with:
- Australia Post, courier companies or online dispensaries
- Health care authorities where required to do so by law
We will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss this personally.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We manage risks to your personal information by
- Storing files securely
- Ensuring that only key personnel have access to sensitive information
- Releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis
- Conducting regular audits of our security systems.
As mentioned above, your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy:
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/about/security/.
- Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/security
- Cliniko: https://www.cliniko.com/security
From time to time we may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- Google analytics
- Personal contact
If you do not wish this to occur, please contact us.
Access to Information
You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless we are subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits us to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and we believe there is a valid reason for doing so, we will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
Please begin the process by sending an email requesting access to your information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting:
- The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
- The NSW Health Care Complaints Commission https://www.hccc.nsw.gov.au/home
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If we have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, we will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If we still believe that you are at risk, we will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.
Last updated: 01 February 2021 by Norelle Hentschel