Inspired by the much loved (by me!) Aussie chocolate bar this decadent sounding porridge is a very healthy, guilt-free way to start the day. The raw cacao and cherries are packed with antioxidants plus you’ll get plenty of whole grain, gut loving fibre. This quick and easy recipe is worth getting out of bed for.
Cherry Ripe Porridge
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup milk or water of your choice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp Natural or Greek yoghurt
- Add all porridge ingredients to a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until you get the porridge consistency you like.
- Place porridge in a bowl and top with cherries, yoghurt, cacao nibs and sweetener.
- This can be made as an "overnight" oats, or summer porridge by mixing all the porridge ingredients in a jar and leaving in the fridge overnight. Add the toppings just before serving.
Need help with
Norelle Hentschel is an experienced naturopath with a clinic in Crows Nest, Sydney and Telehealth consults Australia wide. She enjoys supporting her clients to reach their health goals.
Want more articles like this?
Receive a monthly digest of natural health information to help you become “health” sufficient!
PS. Your inbox real estate is precious, and we will never annoy you with sales pitches or share your details with anyone else. One email a month — that’s it.