Hibiscus Iced Tea
A delicious and refreshing Summer drink
- 1 litre Filtered water, freshly boiled
- 1 tbsp dried hibiscus
Add the dried hibiscus to a large heat proof jar or teapot
Pour over the freshly boiled water and let steep for 10-15 minutes depending on how strong you like it.
When cooled strain out the hibiscus and refrigerate until chilled
Use within 48 hours.
- Serve in tumblers with ice and garnish with spearmint or lemon balm.
- Make a stronger version and serve it half and half with mineral water
- If you like it sweeter, add your preferred sweetener (honey, sugar or maple syrup) to the hot tea. I like to add 1/2 tspn of dried Stevia leaf.
- Add 2 tspns of licorice root or 1/2 vanilla bean pod when making the tea.